Paul and I aren’t too talented or experienced in the kitchen, but we love attempting new, yummy and healthy recipes together (or preparing nice treats for each other). So, we’re starting a new section of the blog so we can share some of our new recipe finds with you! The meals might not always be perfect, but at least we’ll have some pretty photos! I’m a strict vegetarian, so we’ll be sharing delicious meat-free recipes. Like the Pad-Thai we made recently! Of course, we’re always open to recipe suggestions! I do eat dairy, but this first recipe is actually vegan. Doesn’t it look tasty?! If it looks good, pin it!
I got the recipe from Eating Well. It was super quick and easy and we both really enjoyed it (especially with some vanilla bean ice cream)! I’d definitely make it again and try a homemade crust. Have a wonderful weekend! Love and peace.
– 1 1/2 (I used about 2) cups chocolate chips
– 1 12.3-ounce shelf-stable package firm silken tofu
– 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (I used Agave)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed (I only added strawberries on top)
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
– Fresh raspberries for garnish (I used strawberries but I’m sure any berry would be delicious)
– Prep Time: – Total Time:
1. Put chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.
2. Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours (longer is better). Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.